- What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
- When will I see results from a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
- How long does BOTOX® Cosmetic last?
- Is treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic painful?
- Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
- What are the possible side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- What will happen to the moderate to severe frown lines between my brows if I choose not to continue treatments?
Answer: BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by a healthcare professional as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows. Individual results may vary.
Answer: BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of the “11s,” the moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
Answer: Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
Q: How long does BOTOX® Cosmetic last?
Answer: Visible results have been shown to last up to 4 months. Your own results may vary – be sure to talk to your healthcare provider about what you can expect and when to schedule your next appointment.
Answer: Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the physician’s office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
Answer: Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
Answer: Possible side effects include:
- dry mouth
- discomfort or pain at the injection site
- neck pain
- eye problems such as double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes
- allergic reactions; symptoms of an allergic reaction to BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic may include: itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you are wheezing or have asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
Consult a doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
Answer: If you do not continue treatments, the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows will gradually return to the way they looked before treatment.