Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
Bare Body Shop is dedicated to hair removal using the latest in laser hair technology. Our laser hair removal is fast, safe, virtually painless and effective! It works with all skin types!
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work (and does it hurt)?
Our laser hair removal works by using the latest technology. Unlike the traditional, painful, point and click laser we use an “in-motion” laser. Our in-motion technology delivers lower energy at higher repetition pulses which means a gradual heat delivery therefore more effectively heating up the hair follicle, damaging it and preventing re-growth. The sapphire tip on the laser provides contact cooling during the treatment and literally protects the surrounding skin and makes the experience virtually pain free.
- Female Breasts
- Lower Back
- Standard Chest
- Upper/Lower Legs
- Upper Back
Laser Hair Removal Pre-Treatment CareThe best way to minimize the risk of side effects is to avoid sunlight and tanning beds to the area being treated 2 weeks prior to procedure and 24 hours post procedure. No antibiotic use 2 weeks prior to treatment. If you have done either of these you will be at risk for burns to the area treated.
- You cannot have laser hair removal if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The area you would like to have treated must be clean shaven. Only shave what you wish to have treated.
- Avoid all alpha hydroxyl and beta hydroxyl products, hydroquinone’s, Retin A/Renova, aspirin, Tazorac, Differin, and Vitamin E products 3 days prior to your treatment if performing laser to the facial area.
- Do not wax, pluck, or tweeze 3 weeks prior to treatment
- Clients who have used Accutane in the last 6 months may not undergo any laser treatments.
- Do not perform physical activity that increases body temperature or blood pressure 2 hours prior to treatment.
- If you are prone to histamine (allergic) reactions, inform your provider prior to laser treatment.
- Medications, may increase photosensitivity. Please notify your provider of any medications you are taking.
- If you are prone to cold sores take an antiviral prior to treatment if treating the face.
What to Expect During Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Hair removal only works on dark brown or black hair. It does not treat light brown, red, blonde, grey, or white hairs.
- During your treatment some people may experience a slight discomfort such as heat or a ‘pulling’ sensation.
- You may experience slight swelling, bumps, or swelling in the treated area. This should resolve within 24-48 hours.
- In approximately 2 weeks the hair will ‘fall’ out or grow much slower.
- On average patients experience a 20-30% less regrowth after every treatment.
- On occasion some people may not see a result until after the 3rd treatment.
- On average patients experience 70-90% reduction in hair growth after a series of 7 treatments.
- On rare occasions you may need more sessions to reach adequate removal. These people generally have hormonal disorders or strong genetic factors that make it difficult to remove the hair.
- Studies have shown it takes between 6 and 8 treatments to clear the hair to 70-90%
- One treatment will only “stun” the hair follicle, and after several weeks you will likely have full regrowth if another treatment is not initiated.
- Facial hair is treated every 4-6 weeks
- Trunk of the body is treated every 6-8 weeks
- Legs are treated every 8-10 weeks